October 1 Update: This position has been filled!
Atlas Coffee Importers seeks an experienced Inbound Logistics Specialist to organize, track and process the movement of the Company’s coffee purchases. Our goal is to keep the beans flowing smoothly from origin to our partner warehouses in the U.S. and Canada. If you enjoy working with people on a global scale, are hyper-organized and detail-oriented, and love juggling multiple tasks while maintaining a sense of humor, we should talk!
We at Atlas are proud of our wonderful and diverse work environment. The many excellent Atlas employee benefits include paid holiday and time off, 100% employer paid health insurance premiums, employer matching SIMPLE IRA, profit sharing, and all the coffee you can drink. We maintain a smoke and scent-free environment. Intrigued? Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the importation of contracted coffee, both directly and via counter-party agencies, monitoring and facilitating communications to ensure on-time shipments and deliveries.
- Provide shipping instructions and coordinate customs documentation with exporters and customs brokers.
- Obtain, review, approve, and file all contractually required documents.
- Maintain tracking on all inbound shipments, providing weekly updates on status, identifying issues or delays, and recommending and executing resolution.
- Manage arrival coordination, communicating with warehouses and other third-party vendors.
- Process sample requests and releases.
This email intensive, full-time desk job position lies within the Customer Service and Logistics department.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum 2+ years in international logistics, handling ocean freight and customs brokerage, preferably in coffee or other food based commodities.
- Demonstrated understanding of international trade and customs clearance terms, processes and procedures.
- Inventory management experience, ERP and accounting software familiarity.
- Robust computer skills, especially with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to identify and communicate process gaps and issues, and apply critical thinking to find solutions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and extraordinary organization skills. Willingness to dig to determine solutions when not readily apparent.
- Strong self-management and prioritization capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with Spanish or Portuguese language skills a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.