Atlas Coffee Importers is looking for two coffee veterans to join the Atlas Sales & Trading Team. Our mission: To develop and maintain quality relationships with roasters on the East and West Coasts and connect them to our family of growers around the world. If you love people, coffee, and bringing the two together, let’s talk! Remote work on the East Coast is a possibility for the right person/fit.
We at Atlas are proud of our wonderful and diverse work environment. The many excellent Atlas employee benefits include paid holidays and time off, 100% employer paid health insurance premiums, employer matching SIMPLE IRA, and profit sharing. If this sounds like your cup of tea (coffee,) please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a pdf version of the posting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Customer Accounts within designated geographic area or as needed.
- Maintain awareness of client positions and usage patterns and create contracts based on client needs and product availability
- Utilize company CRM and ERP systems to accurately record client and transaction details
- Contribute to purchase planning efforts through awareness of origin availability and client needs
- Field incoming inquiries and provide accurate information about Atlas’s services based assessment of client needs, size, experience, location
- Attend various trade shows and other industry events, as well as occasional travel to origin
- Participate in various Atlas education events: lectures, trainings, classes
- Generate Prospect Lists from participation in various events and create/execute follow-up plans
- Contribute content to Atlas web site and social media platforms
- Work with other departments to support client and organization needs (finance, logistics, etc.)
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Minimum 2 years in coffee with at least 1 year in a Sales/Account-Management, Trading, or Green-Buying role.
- Familiarity with the respective Sales Region and its coffee culture(s)
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office Suite and CRM systems
- Excellent communication skills—both written and spoken
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (valid passport)
- Ability to work well across departments and with a wide range of people and personalities
- Ability to work independently while maintaining clear communication with peers and management