CLAIMS AND RETURNS
In a perfect world, every bag shipped would arrive in pristine condition and you would not be looking at this page. Rarely, even though the warehouses and carriers we work with are experts, problems occur. Don't panic! We can help!
Shipments leave the warehouse in good condition, with intact bags, securely strapped to the pallet and wrapped in plastic wrap. Inspect your delivery thoroughly before you sign and allow the driver to leave. By signing the Delivery Receipt, you accept ownership of the freight as-is. Carriers are not likely to pay out on claims when damage is not noted on the delivery receipt at the time of delivery.
Inspection: Check the following on any delivery you receive:
- Confirm your company name is listed correctly on the pallet tags and Delivery Receipt/Proof of Delivery.
- Verify that the number of pallets/bags match what is listed on the Delivery Order.
- Check the truck for loose beans.
- Determine if the pallets are intact and that there are no broken boards.
- Make sure the wrap is clean and moisture-free.
- Confirm that each bag is free of rips or holes.
Filing a claim: If you discover that there is an issue with your delivery, do not reject the shipment.
- Take photographs of the damage, including images of the vehicle's interior if there are spilled beans or a tipped pallet.
- Make detailed notes of the loss or damage on the delivery receipt before the driver signs and departs.
- Keep a copy of the driver-signed delivery receipt showing your notes.
If you had Atlas Coffee coordinate your delivery, please do not file a claim with the carrier. Contact us at AtlasOutbound@atlascoffee.com or 206-454-3465 for assistance or follow the steps below.
- Weigh any slack bags and note the exact amount of loss.
- Photograph the torn, slack or damaged bags.
- Complete the Claim Form as thoroughly as possible.
- Our Outbound freight team will contact you.
- Reimbursement for damages or loss may be contingent upon the carrier settlement, so it's important to provide the information as soon as possible.
Returns: If you believe the wrong coffee is being delivered, please have the driver wait and contact us immediately for assistance.