Atlas Coffee Importers is seeking a Customer Service Representative to work with customers and support our sales and order fulfillment activities.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, capable of juggling multiple tasks and pivoting when priorities change. They will also possess a healthy sense of humor and love the tiny details that go into serving customers at the highest level. Critical thinking and self-management are key functions of this role. This is a full time, Monday through Friday position and is heavily focused on phone and computer-based interactions.
Atlas values an inclusive and diverse specialty coffee industry and workplace. We actively encourage BIPOC and LGBTQIA candidates to apply. We provide excellent benefits such as 10 paid holidays, paid time off, paid family leave, 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums, employer matching 401K. Remote work will be considered.
Minimum Requirements: (must meet all minimum requirements)
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 2 years of prior customer service experience; experience with order fulfillment a plus.
- Professional coffee experience; general understanding of coffee supply chain.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work to deadline while maintaining accuracy of work.
- Ability to maintain highest level of customer service while performing the required job functions.
- Work equally well independently and as part of a team, asking for help when needed.
- An existing level of comfort with, or willingness to embrace, technology. Experience and proficiency with MS Office programs (especially Outlook and Excel) is helpful.
- Receive customer orders by email, phone, and internal documents and process them through our trading software system.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries about Atlas’ products and services.
- Communicate with customers through various channels.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers.
- Acknowledge and resolve customer complaints.
- Know our products to be able to answer customer questions and solve problems.
- Process various forms, applications, and requests.
- Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, and comments.
- Communicate and coordinate with colleagues, as necessary.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Participate in cuppings and educational events.
- Participate in trade shows and other customer-facing events.
This description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.